Friday, March 9th 2012

Hello there...

I have just finished my latest Angel book. I hope you will like it. Of course it might be a few months before it appears in print. I haven’t submitted it yet, I have to print it off, number the pages and so on. I should be able to despatch it in a day or two.
This book has taken me longer to write than any other, I hope you will think it was worth it. The provisional title is THE MANNEQUIN MURDER, but I’m not quite sure about it, that so I might change it.
I am going to the annual dinner on Sunday next of the Crime Writers’ Association. I might pick up an idea or two there. It’s a great pleasure to meet old friends, some great writers, interesting policemen, detectives and occasionally a forthcoming pathologist who always has something useful to tell me.

Just received fresh off the press my copy of THE CHESHIRE CAT MURDERS, which is to be published on March 30th. I must say there’s nothing quite like holding a new hardback book in your hands, opening it and smelling that unique blend of printer’s ink and paper. You know it’s a proper book. Not something ephemeral on a screen that might suddenly vanish. I am not against eBooks. I have a title on line now, at Amazon’s, Waterstones, W H Smith, Tescos, appropriate for Kindle and other eBook readers, called THE SNUFFBOX MURDERS, which I am told is doing well. And I am grateful for that. But I will always treasure the lovely books in my library. They’ve all a history, how I came by them, who bought them for me or where I bought them myself and so on.
It would be interesting to hear what you think about new books, hardbacks or eBooks. If you have a strong opinion one way or the other, let me know. I might include it in my next blog here. You can always contact me at angeldetective@uwclub.net.
Hope to see you somewhere soon.
Enjoy your reading,
Thanks for looking in.

No comments: