Shrove Tuesday

Shrove Tuesday, 12 February 2013




Hello there.



Well, as far as the weather goes, we’re in the worst of it. It is very cold but there isn’t much snow around. It has mostly melted. As the song goes, ‘It can only get better!’



In my last letters, I said that I’d tell you about my weight. Between December 7th 2012 and January 4th, I gained 4 lbs. I was devastated. That was the second time I had put on weight. I had a good long talk with sexy Linda of Change4 Life and she said that maybe the gargantuan helpings of potatoes I was serving myself were possibly to blame. So I cut them down to three medium to small potatoes per meal, and upped the other vegetables, cabbage, cauliflower, peas, carrots or whatever accordingly. She pointed out that vegetables (except potatoes) don’t put weight on. And it seemed to have worked because when I was weighed on February 1st I had taken off 2 lbs. Now if I can maintain the regime, I should be able to manage to lose 2 lbs every month. That’s healthy and that would be great. I’ll keep you posted.



At last I have finished another Angel book. It will be the 21st in the series. When I first started writing about this character it was just the one book, IN THE MIDST OF LIFE. Now everybody wants to read more of him, so I haven’t time to write anything else. It’s called THE FRUIT GUM MURDERS and I hope it will keep you mystified and amused to the very last page. I don’t think it will published before June.



I am told that my Christmas sales of Angel titles were well up, boosted by the cheap ebook offers of some titles in December. Sales of THE DIAMOND ROSARY MURDERS was published on December 31st 2012. I have no sales figures, but I do know the large print rights have already been snapped up by Ulverscroft.



Whatever you do, have a great time, and enjoy your reading.













No comments: