Wednesday, March 22nd 2012

There you are…

I went to the luncheon of the Crime Writers’ Association the other day and had a great time.
Saw a few old friends including Peter N Walker, publicly known as Nicholas Rhea, who wrote the ‘Heartbeat’ books. I’ve known him more than thirty years. He never changes. Lovely man. Also I met a new member, a young woman who lives only eight miles from me in Thurnscoe. She is writing her heart out. Her name is Ricki Thomas. Watch out for her. I think she’s going places.
The meal was good and the conversation rich and congenial, but nobody seemed to have an opinion about the introduction of eBooks into the business. Everybody it seems is simply prepared ‘to wait and see’ how it affects them.
Sadly, there were a lot of tributes to our good friend Reginald Hill who created the brilliant Pascoe and Dalziel series of novels. He died last month at 75 after a battle with cancer.

I hear from the eBook publishers of THE SNUFFBOX MURDERS that it is going well. I must think about putting some of my other titles out there in Kindle land.

Hales, my publishers have published an article I wrote for WRITING NEWS, titled ‘How to plot a thriller.’ If you’d like to have a go at writing one and/or you want to read it, email me at angeldetective@uwclub.net and I'll send you a copy.

I must say I am getting all excited in anticipation of the publication of THE CHESHIRE CAT MURDERS, which is being published in hardback a week on Friday, March 30th. It’s another Angel book, and probably the best I have ever written. It really tests Angel’s skills as a detective.

I’m itching to get started on another book, but my wife says I have to catch up with all the jobs I pushed to one side while I was writing the last one. She does have a point. Because when I do start I can hardly leave it alone. Come to think of it, I haven’t heard what the publisher’s think to 'The Mannequin Murder.' I’ll let you know the verdict here, whatever it is.

Hope to see you somewhere soon.
Enjoy your reading.

No comments: